Benefits of calcium
● Supports bone health
● Supports muscle function
● Promotes healthy blood vessel function
Recommended dosage for calcium
The recommended daily calcium dosage are as follows:
● Women aged 50 and younger: 1,000mg
● Women over 50: 1,200mg
● Men aged 70 and younger: 1,000mg
● Men over 70: 1,200mg
Exceeding the daily recommended amounts of calcium can cause negative side effects such as bloating and constipation. As such, it is imperative that you follow the dosage instructions on the product labels closely.
You should also consult your doctor before taking any calcium supplements if you are on medication or suffering from any pre-existing conditions.
Who should take calcium supplements?
You can consider taking calcium supplements if you
● have a calcium deficiency,
● do not consume enough calcium through your diet,
● are suffering from a health condition, such as Crohn’s disease, that limits your body’s ability to absorb calcium.
Blackmores Singapore’s calcium supplements are formulated to provide you with the nutrients you need for healthy and strong bones.