Folate helps to reduce the risk of women having a child with birth defects of the brain and spinal cord if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy. Folates also assists in healthy red blood cell production.
RSP: $ 16
Supplementation of folate is recommended for at least one month before conception and during pregnancy. It may reduce the risk of neural tube defects such as spina bifida and/or anencephaly in the unborn child. Folate also assists in healthy red blood cell production, while supporting general health and well-being.
What is the Blackmores difference?
Added artificial ingredients
Contains preservatives, artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners
What's in each tablet?
Active ingredients per tablet
How many should I take?
Adults - Take 1 tablet a day with a meal or as professionally prescribed.
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice.
- Always talk to your health professional before taking multiple products for pregnancy.
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate.
- Advise your doctor of any medicine you take during pregnancy, particularly in the first trimester.
- Store below 30°C in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
Also bought with
Vitamin C 500
An affordable option that contains 500 mg of easily absorbed form of vitamin C.
Omega High DHA
A high purity concentrated DHA (provides 4X the amount of DHA per capsule than our regular fish oil capsule*) to maintain brain health and mental function, as well as to promote eye health.
Fish Oil 1000 Odourless
Blackmores Fish Oil 1000 Odourless provides a high-quality natural source of omega-3. It contains 300 mg of omega-3 per capsule to maintain heart, skin, eye and brain health and is ideal for you and your family if you do not regularly consume fish in your diet (twice to thrice weekly).